Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Why don't I write more? | Mom Life Journal

 I used to love writing, I did it every single day. It brings me peace, helps me to sort out how I feel about life and centers me in an ever changing and sometimes chaotic life with four kids, homeschooling and owning a business with my spouse.

I should write more. I want to write more. In reality it becomes more difficult to pick it up again the longer you are away from it. It has been a VERY long time since I have written on a regular basis and it will take me a while to get back into the swing of it. 

Some reasons why I shy away from posting have to do with a personal struggle with perfection. I see other blogs and want mine to be just as beautiful. I want to say things as elegantly. I also don't want to risk being judged or offending others. All things I need to work on within myself. 

As I sit in front of "my husband's" laptop, helping my son with algebra, thinking over my to do list, contemplating how quickly Christmas is approaching and considering some chocolate, I ask myself...Why don't I write more?

The answer is a mixture of all of the reasons listed above. However, I feel all of those things listed, the sum of their parts, does not a good excuse make. Especially when the Lord has been prompting me to pick it up again.

I am going to challenge myself to write again, daily. It doesn't have to be beautiful, poetic, 'Gram' worthy, contain a picture, or even make absolute sense. I'm not going to even make any assumptions as to what my writing will be about.  I'm just going to start putting thoughts to page, and see where my words and the Lord lead me. 

~Lyndsay

Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment