Sunday, December 20, 2020

Vanishing Green Bean Casserole Recipe | Money Saving Meals



  Green bean casserole is a favorite for some of the people at my house. It is also a crowd pleaser at most potlucks. We make green bean casserole every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Alex(15) absolutely loves it. He eats most of the pan by himself. 
  I like green bean casserole also, but I sometimes feel like it tastes a little on the bland side. I decided to change it up a little today and added a new ingredient. It made all the difference and even the few people who eat it but don't love it said it was better than normal.
  I will always make it this way from now on. So I won't forget what I did today, I'm posting the recipe here. 

*Click title link to print*

4 cans green beans(drained)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 packet onion soup mix (that's the new ingredient)
1 tsp ground pepper
1 container fried onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine green beans, cream of mushroom soup, milk, worcestershire sauce, onion soup packet, pepper and half of fried onion container in bowl. Stir to combine and coat green beans. 
Pour mixture into 9x13 baking dish. bake for 30 minutes until bubble. Top with remaining fried onions and bake another 10 minutes, until golden brown. 
Allow to cool for 10 minute, serve warm.
Enjoy!


~Lyndsay
Day 6

No comments:

Post a Comment