Saturday, December 19, 2020

Chocolate Cherry Mice | Mom Life Journal


 This Christmas has been strange for us. As I'm sure it has been for most families. It's hard to find normal and to be in the Christmas spirit this year. We are trying, but in reality we all have been walking around commenting that we kind of just wish the Christmas was over so we could take down the tree.


 
  Even though it is a strange Christmas we are still trying to follow our old traditions and muster up the spirit. Especially for the Littlest Moehrman...Anna. She is so excited and can not wait to open presents on Friday. So we are all trying our best for her. 





 Keeping in the tradition of the spirit of Christmas, today was Chocolate Cherry Mouse Day! We make them the weekend before Christmas. We typically give most of them away as gifts, but decided against it this year. I'm doing my best to make less of all of the goodies this year, because normally we make a lot and pass most of it along. 

  The mice are Dustin's favorite holiday treat and continually asks when they are going to be made each year. He and the older kids like to eat them all in one bite, while holding it from its tail, like a giant. It is quite humorous. 

  The girls helped me make the mice this year. We made less, but there are still quite a few. My husband doesn't know it yet, but I snuck and hid half of them in our sons room to surprise him on Christmas Day. He is always so sad when they are all gone. Now he is in for a nice surprise when he thinks they are gone. :) 

 We also made Christmas Crack and buckeye dough.

  Today we also unexpectedly started the utility room remodel. Well it was unexpected to me. Dustin and I had discussed moving the deep freeze today and removing a few items in preparation. However, Dustin informed me he was ready to gut the room and get started. The kids and I jumped in and helped him get everything removed and sorted into other rooms, the garage and wood shop. Dustin made a supply list. I helped pick out a few items, a new back door and light fixtures to name a couple. I'm so excited to see this room take shape in the next few weeks. After Dustin made the supply list, he started on the tankless hot water heater. It is now mounted on the wall. He is going to Menard's first thing in the morning to get supplies.
 I remembered to take before and during pictures today. I'll be starting a remodel post with them shortly.

                   Today was day 5 of consistent writing. I feel like it is getting a little easier. Plus, basically no one is reading it, and that makes this more or less my journal. I'm ok with that for right now. 
      
  ~Lyndsay
Day 5

No comments:

Post a Comment