Monday, December 28, 2020

It Was A Busy Monday | Mom Life Journal

Is it really only the 28th? 
How is it not already the new year yet?
I thought today was Tuesday half the day and even had to ask someone to try to be sure I had the right day of the week. 
Today Addison and I got our nails done. I keep a full set of acrylics and Addison gets one finger done with acrylic. She has a damaged fingernail from being a sick a few years ago, and we are seeing if the acrylic will help it to hold together and heal correctly. Lots of prayers have been going up for a fingernail that grows correctly. 
After the nail salon, we went to the grocery store for a few items, then we got gas and stopped at mcds for lunch. 
I was home for about an hour and then Alex went with me to take the Macey(our dog) to the vet for her yearly check up. She was due for shots and they won't renew her prescription of thyroid meds without a yearly blood check. 
She cracks us up so much. She barks and barks when people come to visit, but she is truly a big baby at her core. She cried the whole way to the vet's office, because she couldn't be on my lap. We finally park at the vet's office, and she can finally get on my lap. It helped with the crying. Then she would let out a whiny bark when she saw someone and then would hide. All while wearing her 'I 💜 Cats' sweater. She likes for people to think she is big, brave and ferocious, but she is not.
 After the appointment we stopped at Alex's bosses house to drop off a belated Christmas gift. We had planned to drop it off at on Christmas Eve, but the roads got too slick before we could. 
It was nice spending a little time with Alex. He and I always seem to be busy, moving in opposite directions if each other. I guess that's life with a teenage boy. 
I made pork chops, macaroni and cheese, fried potatoes and three types of vegetable for dinner. I almost went to town to buy dinner, but we did agree to eat at home more. One meal out today was more than enough. 
  Dustin made three trips town today for various things to complete the new hot water heater. Actually I think one trip was to do something at work. He says tomorrow is the day the new hot water heater will be up and running. No more tank! It's supposed to save hundreds of dollars per year. I'm curious to see how much of a difference it makes. 
Well...I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I plan to clean as much of the house as I'm able with all the construction, and I need to start working out again. I took about a week off over Christmas, plus the treadmill was in a strange location because of the construction. I also need to finalize the budget for January tomorrow afternoon.
Today was very busy with a lot of errands. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to being home. 
~Lyndsay

No comments:

Post a Comment