Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday...and a picture! | Mom Life Journal


    Well, would you look at that? I put a picture up. Ha. I get busy with life sometimes and that I neglect to take enough pictures, and other times I take a ton of them. 
Today is our next to last day of school and eight days until Christmas. I really just want to announce that school is out and be free. Although we really need to finish our days. Especially with the four weeks we are taking off afterwards. All of this hard work will be worth it during this upcoming break and in May, when we are ready to be done for the summer. 

All of our Christmas plans have been cancelled because of Covid. Some of our family members have compromised immune systems, and we have opted to avoid catching any viruses between now and our time off. We hate to miss things this year, but we aren't the only ones being extra careful. We have been known to be this careful in past years, but this year we aren't the odd ones out doing it. It isn't so much about Covid for us, as it is all viruses. If we catch the flu it hangs around the house for a month or more, and brings its friends sinus infection and bronchitis. Toss in some asthma and we are down and out for an average of six weeks. We really would like to get through this winter without being six for a month and a half.

As of last Friday I had nine packages floating around in the oblivion of the delivery systems. A few of them are gifts for the kids. A couple have randomly shown up this week. One finally arrived yesterday, and a few more might straggle in within the next week. The one that came last night was semi important, the rest I can work around, or do without. 

Tomorrow morning I am going to the grocery store for groceries for the weekend and part of next week. Since tomorrow is the last day of school for most of us,(The high schooler will be working through part of break.)  I'm thinking a pizza party might be in order! 

On Sunday, Dustin (My husband) is planning to smoke a turkey on the smoker he got in early fall. He has smoked just about anything he can get his hands on this fall. The kids and I are making all the trimmings to go with the turkey and calling it an early Christmas feast. 
On Christmas Day we will be having more of a buffet style meal to snack on throughout the day. Plus most of the kids eat junk half the day and are rarely truly hungry until later in the day. I'm planning to make a very small ham, a Butterball turkey breast, meatball and lil smokies in the crock pot, cheese ball, a veggie tray and a few other things to snack on throughout the day. It takes the stress off of me having to try to make a big meal and then everyone sitting at the table and not wanting to eat it.

I think I am going to try a new recipe for dinner. Cheesy Tater Tot and Ham Casserole. We've been trying to see how long we can go without going to the store for groceries this month. With the utility room remodel happening in a couple of weeks, we needed to use up some of the food in the freezer and pantry. Plus it was getting to be time for a 'use and restock' of the freezer and pantry. Aside from shopping for food for the week of Christmas, I probably won't go back to the store until sometime in mid January.

Well, I think I have spent enough time clicking away at this keyboard for the day. Time to get dressed, get on with the school day and then move onto chores in the afternoon. 

~Lyndsay
Day3

No comments:

Post a Comment