Friday, December 18, 2020

Better late than never...right? | Mom Life Journal

 It is 10:15 pm, and everyone is in bed. Notice I did not say asleep, but just in bed. I promised myself I was going to start writing everyday, and here I am. Writing words. I'm glad I decided to do this, but the day I decided to do this, I realized there would be days like today. Days when I went a thousand miles an hour all day and then crashed on the couch to eat dinner and watch a movie with the family. Today was one such day. 

I left the house by 8:45am, dropped the little girls off at the office, took the oldest daughter to Kroger with me, shopped for holiday food(Food, Starbucks and do a little Christmas shopping for a friend), got gas, picked up the little girls, came home to unload groceries and make some phone calls checking in on some friends who are ill, checked email, turned around and went back to the office to have lunch, bank, played Santa by dropping off gifts on a special little girls porch for a friend, home to do school, back out to Walmart for a pick up order, home to do chores and put away groceries, back in the car to pick up dinner with the husband and look at a piece of property we are considering purchasing, home again and on the couch for family movie night by 8:05pm.

Told you it was a crazy day. I have no plans to leave my house again until Tuesday or Wednesday, when I will get fresh produce and milk for Christmas. Although I might be persuaded by my husband to accompany him to Menards to pick out flooring. He said there are too many to choose from and I need to help pick.  

School is finally done! Yay! Except the high schooler has an essay to finish and a painting to paint. It should hopefully be wrapped up and finished by Tuesday. Thank Goodness because this Mama is so ready for a break it isn't even funny! 

Tomorrow is Saturday, I plan to work on a few cleaning projects, move the deep freeze to the wood shop in preparation for the utility room renovation, clean my room (It's a mess and I'm never in there, I blame the husband and the little girls.), and to make  some holiday goodies. My husband has been promised chocolate cherry mice and I normally make them the weekend before Christmas. Yep, the time has come. 

Ok. I have now accomplished my goal of writing for the day. I have zero plans to proof read this one. If you happen to read this, you are a saint to make it this far. 

~Lyndsay

Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment