Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Merry Christmas Eve Eve! | Mom Life Journal

  I missed a day of writing, so I'm making up for it today. 
  Can you believe it's already Christmas Eve Eve? The anticipation at our house has built to a fever pitch of excitement. Especially for the younger two. 
  The kids and I spent today relaxing, cleaning, catching up on laundry (more on that later), baking the last couple of holiday treats and I worked on a couple of items that need finished before Christmas. I really need to do the last little bit of wrapping and fill the stockings. 
  Now for the being behind on laundry story. I know I have mentioned the utility room remodel, and how we started it this past weekend. What I haven't mentioned is the fact that we sometimes have a small plumbing issue in regards to the laundry and bathroom. It isn't all the time and we thought for sure we had it all fixed this past fall. Turns out we were wrong, and we weren't able to run laundry over the weekend. 
 (There was also a day there where no one could shower and I had managed to spray myself with a bottle of champagne I was trying to empty into the sink. 👌🤦🏼‍♀️Yep. I have skills like you've never seen!)
  We typically wash laundry on Monday and Friday, we weren't able to wash on the Friday before we started the utility room project due to having to run errands that day. 
Ok. So that catches you up through the weekend, as to why we were behind on laundry. On Monday we started laundry and the plumbing started to act up. We babied it by and for a few loads done. Monday evening moved a load to the dryer, and when I pushed the button to start it...it made a snap and click sound and nothing happened. Although it did start to smell like that burnt electronic smell. It was toast. 
 Thankfully we had the new dryer in the garage, and Dustin swapped them out on Tuesday night. Hence why we have spent all of today trying to catch up on laundry. I'm a house with six members you tend to get a lot of laundry. 
  This new dryer is absolutely amazing! It is so fancy and works wonderfully. I'm so thankful for it! 
We have never owned a new matching set washer and dryer before. I really hated to bring this dryer in during the construction, and plan to cover it with a drop cloths whole we work. I'll be heartbroken if it gets paint of something similar on it. 
  And that concludes me catching you up on the utility room/dryer/plumbing drama that is going on at our house. 
____________________________________________
Now to discuss tomorrow, Christmas Eve!
I promised Anna(5) that she could bake and decorate sugar cookies for Santa. Sugar cookies are not my favorite thing to bake. They make a mess coming and going. Also with young children it turns into more of an art project and less of an edible creation at the end result. 
  We will be starting the sugar cookies fairly early tomorrow, so I have time to clean up the mess.
I got busy today and forgot that I had a few food items to prep for tomorrow's evening meal. The family wants turkey and ham sandwiches for Christmas day as part of our budget for the day. To save myself time and effort, we are having a ham dinner tomorrow evening and will have the leftovers for Christmas. When I was busy today I totally forgot I was supposed to make cranberry sauce. I'll do that in the morning as well.
I still need to make cheeseball and prep vegetables for the veggie tray for Christmas day. 
  We have a snow storm coming through Ohio tomorrow. I'm so excited! I can't tell you the last time we had snow for Christmas. The weather is suppose to be kind of crazy tomorrow while the storm moves in. Dustin has to work all day tomorrow when he planned to take the day off. We are all kind of bummed and have had to rearrange some of our day to accommodate him not being home. We have some traditions that take place on Christmas Eve and it would be sad to have to do it without him.
 I still can't hardly believe tomorrow is the beginning of Christmas!
I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures to share here. 

~Lyndsay
Day...I have no idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment