Sunday, December 27, 2020

Thoughts About Sunday | Mom Life Journal

  The days with Dustin home are quickly flying by already. Plus we are in the strange time between Christmas and New Years, when every day feels like Saturday. 
  Today I made breakfast, Dustin and I went to Menards to get some items for the remodel, we came home to do church with the kids, I worked on cleaning and organizing while Dustin worked on the utility room, the kids play outside, I made turkey noodle soup for lunch, played games with the girls, Alex set up his punching bag and used it most of the day, I made pizza for dinner and played a round of Scrabble with Dustin.

  We got a new Scrabble set for Christmas. I got it for the kids, but it was truthfully for myself. I love Scrabble! Dustin finally offered to play a round with me this evening. I actually beat him! The final score was 383 to 275. I'm looking forward to playing many more rounds of it with him and the kids. I hope they end up liking it as much as I do, and I also hope they eventually beat me as well. Scrabble is all about learning more for the next round and storing it for later use. 
  I think we all reached our personal limit for junk, sugar and holiday food yesterday. None of us had any interest in it today at all. It's time to steer the healthy eating train back into its tracks again.  We ate a whole head of broccoli and half a head of cauliflower with dinner. 
  It's was also time for us to continue eating the food in the freezer and pantry. I used a soup from the freezer today, revived it with a bit of leftover turkey, mixed vegetables from the freezer, and some noodles from the pantry. The pizza for dinner also came from mostly pantry and freezer items. We had cheese, hawaiian and pepperoni pizza. 
  Dustin has been making jerky the last two days. He picked up 10# of thinly sliced jerky meat and it did 1.5 full dehydrators full. He always makes jerky at Christmas. A tradition he started years ago, I think it was because he got the dehydrator for Christmas. The kids have come to expect it each year and start talking about it at Thanksgiving. One of those odd traditiona that probably doesn't make sense to other people. 
  I read a book today about Cait Flander, she overcame alcoholism, binge eating, learned how to budget and get out of debt and then she spent an entire year not buying unnecessarily things. The year without spending changed her entire life trajectory. It was a good read. It was called 'The Hear of Less'. I found it free on my library app. She also has another book, but it is not free on the app yet. I'm too cheap to buy it new, guess I'll wait for it to be available for free or on eBay. 
  Tomorrow is Monday and Dustin's first official day off work. It's going to be strange having him home all day for the next few weeks. This week is filled with three appointments, normal life, seeing the grandparents and working on the utility room. 
 ~ Lyndsay
Day...not sure I should continue keeping track. It has almost become a habit to write daily now. Maybe I should start to consider putting more guidance behind the content soon? 

No comments:

Post a Comment