Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Learning Some Things About Myself | Mom Life Journal

Hi!
It's been a week since I sat down to write. I need to work on that. Once a week is better than a year ago, but far from once a day. I figured out what happens when I go dark on the writing/creative side of things, I log onto social media. Yep. I turn on social media and my creative brain shuts down. I know this about myself, but this little writing experiment has made it blaringly obvious. Ouch. 
It is hard to walk away from social media ll together, it just a major part of the world we live in. I have walked away from the social media world before, and it can work for a time. However, I always end up there again for one reason or another. 
When I was writing once a day at the end of 2020, I had logged off of Facebook and or was closely monitoring my time on there. Then I slipped back into being on there more and I all but completely stopped writing and doing other creative things at home.
Essentially, for me personally, when I turn on social media I become a scrolling zombie. Not good. 
It's something I really need to work on. 
On the bright side we loved a lot of life last week and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you all! I'll be including it in one (or a few) posts in the next couple of days. 
I logged off of Facebook again, so my productivity should increase again. I had this same issue with Instagram a couple years ago. I do know I created more content for instagram than I ever did on Facebook, but it still sucked my time more than it should have. Same with youtube...I want to create but I end up consuming. 🤷🏼‍♀️
It's something to praying about and work on. 
Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll be back to write more often moving forward. 
~Lyndsay

No comments:

Post a Comment