Thursday, February 11, 2021

How Much Snow Is Too Much Snow?? | Mom Life Journal

Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. 
How much snow is too much snow? 
Because I think we might be there. We rarely get snow like we have had recently. This is the third full week of inches on the ground and every few days more seems to keep on coming. We got 8 inches last week, on top of 4-5" that was melted slightly. Then we got  another 6" and they are projecting another 6-9" in the next week. The temps are nowhere near above freezing for the next 10+ days. 
I've really, REALLY been trying to just enjoy the season we are in the last few years. I like winter and snow, and I don't mind the inches of snow hanging around. We really don't get this kind of a winter very often around here. It will probably be one that we talk about for a while. 'You think this is a lot of snow, well in the winter of 2021....' Yep. We will be talking about it for a while. 
I'm doing my best to enjoy this extra snowy winter season, but I do feel the stir crazy setting in a bit for all of us. We have been able to get out when we need to, but the snow is deep enough now that I can't get my 2 wheel drive suv out of the driveway. Today we switched all of our daily use items to the SUV with 4 wheel drive. It's my husband's vehicle. He doesn't drive it daily, so it's nice we can't use it.  I'll be driving it until further notice. I probably could get my SUV out, but I really don't want to risk wrecking it or getting stuck in the snow. I'm thankful for my husband's SUV in times like this. 
I have more pictures and stories to tell, but these are the ones that sum up our life in the last week or so. 
Everyone went to the dentist. No cavities, yay! One kid is ready for braces, one needs a consult for wisdom teeth removal, and one has three loose teeth. 
We are trucking along with school, there's not much else to do with all this snow. You can only play in the snow and shovel for so long. 
 Speaking of shoveling, Alex has shoveled the driveway so many time I think he's about ready to go a little crazy. Up until this point he has just been shoveling walking paths and the spaces in front of the garage. It worked until we got so much snow that it was just way too many inches to get the vehicles on and out easily. We are going to spend some time this weekend shoveling the entire driveway. Then it should be mostly clean for the next couple of storms that are set to come through the Ohio valley. 
Poor Emma is so over winter. She is ready for summer and has already made her bucket list for the year. I'm trying to stay positive about winter and just let it have its moment. It's getting more and more difficult to stay positive about it. 
We have some friends who moved to Michigan this year. One of the bonuses to moving to Michigan is the snow. They love snow. Well, we've had more than then this year. I keep telling her they should have stayed here. Haha. 
We've been passing the time in the evenings watching movies with the kids. Tonight we are watching The Chronicles of Narnia. I was talking to the kids about it, when Dustin said he had never watched it...or ready the books! We obviously had to watch it immediately. 
Tomorrow is co-op. We are excited to get out of the house for a few hours and see other humans! Woohoo!! 
I have to head to work for a while after that and then I plan to come home to clean house. 

How much snow do you have at your home? 
Is it more than normal? 

Happy Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment