Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Banana Breakfast Cakes Recipe | Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, PCOS Diet Compliant

I have PCOS and I should not eat lactose, gluten and a handful of other items. 
I do my best but I sometimes jump off the wagon and eat all the things I shouldn't. Life gets in the way sometimes and it's not always easy to stay compliant at a drive thru or when the food budget is tight. 

Recently I have been at trying to leave out the gluten. But let's be honest, you can only eat so many eggs before they just soind gross. 
I was struggling with what to eat for breakfast. When I hit this point I end up defaulting to oatmeal, which is not goitennfree. It is better than toast though. (I need to add gluten free oatmeal to my list)
This morning I remembered a recipe that I used a couple years ago when I was first on this eating journey. 
The original recipe was called Paleo Banana Pancakes. Now, let me tell you something, if you are expecting these to taste like fluffy, gluten filled pancakes...get that out of your head now. You aren't going to find that with most gluten free pancakes situations. It's just not happening. Sorry. Readjust your expectations now. Okay? Ok! Yay! 
I have since fiddled with this recipe and adjusted some things. As well as the name. 
They have now been called Banana Breakfast Cakes.
There's barely a recipe because it is so simple, but I'll do my best. 

Banana Breakfast Cakes

1 banana
2 eggs
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
Dash of salt
Butter for cooking in pan. 

Smash the banana in a bowl with a fork, add the eggs and mix well. Add the cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
Allow to sit for a few minutes until it is foamy. 
Heat a skillet on medium heat, add butter and wait until melted. 
Fry the banana cakes, I really just guess on the amount I put in the pan. This recipe makes about 3 rather large cakes. You could make them smaller and make six, they would cook even faster. These will be very brown on the outside, they aren't burnt. It's normal. Flip once or twice and make sure the inside is cooked well.
I enjoy there with pure maple syrup and peanut butter or almond butter on top. 
I usually only eat two of them and give them third one to one of the kids. They are very filling! 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment