Sunday, December 31, 2017

Top Ten Posts of 2017, and Some Thoughts About 2018!

Is it really already the end of the year? 

Clearly, I blinked. 

Most of us are feeling under the weather here at our house. Plus it is so cold outside! (It is mid afternoon and the outdoor thermometer says 17) Most of us will be staying home, wrapped in blankets, eating healthy foods, sipping juice, and watch movies. (I have to a monthly menu, budget and shopping list to work on.) We will probably be in bed by 10 PM. 
The oldest got invited to a NYE party/sleepover at a friends house. Yes, our twelve year old has a more active social life than we do. 

  I thought it would be fun to wrap up the year with a compilation of our top ten posts of the year.
 I was on a writing hiatus for a long time on this blog. I didn't really pick it up again until the middle of the year. This coming year I have some plans for the blog, as well as the vlog. Yes, the vlog is still there. We acquire new subscribers every month. If you haven't been there yet, head on over and check it out! 

We are also on Facebook. I post on there, even more often than here.

Now that you know where else you can plug into the Tiny House Crew, Let's get this started!
(Click the title links!)

1. Hippie Preacher, Big Thanks, and Don't Eat The Soap!

 

 

2. Praises, Grilled Apple Pie and Real Life Large Family Mess!

 



 3. Our First Debt Free Christmas, Santa's Elves Argue Sometimes, and Deep Fry ALL THE MEATS!

 

 

 4. Tiny House Before and Afters, Minimalism Meltdown and A Little Math Humor!

 


 



5.  Kitchen Renovation Update 

 

 
 

6. Picking My Least Favorite Kid, Kitchen Update and How Weird It Was Having Only Two Kids!

 

 



7.  Bubble Tea, Free Chicken and My Husband's Genetic Flaws


 



8. Two Birthdays, Roasted Zombie Flesh, Old Lady Shoes and Crazy Toddlers!






9. Sausage Stuffed Peppers Recipe *Gluten Free*





 10. Tooth Fairy Fail, Shockingly Accurate Emoji's and Meet Precious



 It was fun for me to go back through and see some of our memories from this year. I actually forgot about a few of them. It makes me glad when I do go ahead and at least put something up to remember the week. Especially during the super busy or stressful times. It helps to remember it all. :) 

 

  It also serves as a reminder that the Lord has totally got this! He has the end result figured out before He even sets the trial before us.  He knows the end result, the lessons we have to learn and all the other people who will be effected by it. I have stood in awe and amazement at the things He has taught us this year. I cling to Him more everyday and am humbled at the opportunity to spend time at his feet each day. I have been doing my best to follow His leading in our lives...and in how I am supposed to share His love with the world we live in. One of the things He has revealed to me is this....

  I'm really hoping to get this blog to spread its wings and fly in 2018. That will only happen with a  bit more effort from me, blessings from the Lord and from our readers as well! Shares, prayers, comments and conversation keep a blogger platform moving. 

 Some of the plans for the year include taking a swing back in the direction of why I started this blog. There will be more posts about how and why we homeschool, budgeting, debt free living, minimalism and how we make our small spaces work with a large family. 

 I have a few other personal goals in mind that I plan to bring you along with as well. The topics include... finding more all natural products for our family, learning about essential oils and using them on a budget, fitting in more fitness that works for real Moms and much more.

Now that I have shared with you about my plans for the blog in the coming year, I have a request for you...the readers. 

 If you stop in every week to see what we are up to, or if you find yourself smiling or chuckling when you read a post, or if it speaks to you where you are, uplifts you, or makes you feel better about your own parenting flaws...then please feel free to drop me a line in the comments and hit that share button. Don't worry, I wont be offended. ;) It actually makes my day when I hear from you guys! 

As always, THANK YOU ALL for stopping by and following along with our lives. It means a lot to us! This place wouldn't be the same without you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

 

Blessings!

~Lyndsay

No comments:

Post a Comment