Friday, August 4, 2017

7 Quick Takes, A Recap of Life in The Tiny House This Week! Bubble Tea, Free Chicken and My Husband's Genetic Flaws...



 Welcome! 

It is Friday, and I am writing this at 4:30 in the morning. Apparently the toddler is boycotting nighttime, sleep, and all things rest related. Which means, I'm up too. Yay. 


Here goes, 7 Quick Takes on life in the tiny house this week!

1. Bubble Tea

 

School starts at the tiny house next week. This week has been spent prepping, Cleaning, organizing, planning, supply shopping, library visits (yes, plural) and of course a stop at the frozen yogurt shop. I've always been curious about the 'Bubble Tea' and decided it was time to just try it. I picked strawberry.
It was different. I found it strange having to drink the tea, try not to choke on the "bubbles", and then having to chew the "bubbles" to pop them. I ended up drinking the tea and letting the kids fight over share the bubbles.

2. Read all the books!

Speaking of preparing for school. We went to our two favorite libraries. On the same day. Within an hour of each other.
Our school has taken a big shift this year. We are changing back to more of a Charlotte Mason approach. Which means, lots and lots of living books. Sixty-three to be exact.  At least for this month.

We maxed out one library card and started on a second. 📖Since we live debt free, it has been a long time since I 'maxed out a card'. I might have gotten a little chuckle out of that.


3. Busy Boxes


The kids had a lot of fun helping pick items for her.


Can it always be this organized?
Speaking of school starting. (That seems to be the theme today.)

 I have fully acknowledge the fact that we have a very curious, adventurous and rather busy toddler. In the effort to keep her brain and hands busy this fall, and hopefully give myself fifteen whole minutes of uninterrupted time with the older three. We made busy boxes. (Post coming next week,  I promise.)

One of them has sand in it.
I am 100% positive I will end up regretting that later.





4. Real life science.


While playing in the yard this week, we saw the dog getting into something by the garage. One minute later she is running past us with something in her mouth. I was thinking snake or mouse. It turned out to be this little turtle.
We instantly had to stop everything to build him a habitat. Then spent the next 24 hours observing him. That's real life science at its best.
The turtle was safely returned to his natural habitat, far away from the dog.




Here is another insect that we observed this week.












5. Free stuff from Sam's club!

We grew up recently and got our very own Sam's club membership.
I didn't realize they gave you so much free stuff when you signed up! Dinner rolls, croissants and a rotisserie chicken.  Three of our favorite items from there.

It doesn't take much to make me happy.








 6. It must be genetic.







My husband is incapable of opening a package the correct way. This is something I'm rather particular about. I have spent half of my life (Literally) trying to teach him the concept of open AND close packaging.  It would only seem fitting for the children to be born with his inability to open things correctly.

Case in point. This package was already opened and re-closed with an elastic tie.

Clearly, that was just too much work.












7.  What are the odds?!

We were blessed with a slow day this week. We had a picnic and played cards in the yard on a blanket.
While playing a rather heated round of Bologna, someone called 'Bologna' on one of the oldest two. The cards are flipped and it turns out that both of the older two had fibbed and  placed the exact same sets of cards on the pile.



I'm not sure what the odds of that are happening, but we were greatly entertained.

Happy Friday!

~ Lyndsay


















3 comments:

  1. We start school next week too! I'm a formerly homeschooled kid too and this is still one of my favorite times of year. So much excitement and new possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! My husband and I were also homeschooled. I still get excited when school starts up again. It is even more fun being on the teaching side. ;)

      Delete
  2. So many chuckles were just had :P

    ReplyDelete