Saturday, August 6, 2016

Bulk Freeer Cooking To Save Time & Money!

Hello All!

It has been a while!

We have been focusing on the vlog a lot more than the blog...but I feel like we should have both up and running...so ...I'm back!

We have a lot going on and it doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. The budget has gotten out of hand and I decided it is time to get ahead of the curve.

Part of it was us just wanting different (More expensive) meals..and the other part was getting busy and not having the time/energy to make meals.

How do we counter act that?

We bulk freezer cook!

In the video below we baked muffins, cooked taco meat, and shredded chicken, made lots of sandwiches to freeze and two different types of pancakes to freeze and eat on when we are short on time!!

I will be back with more bulk cooking and freezing..as well as some new budget friendly large family meals!

Thank for stopping by and watching!!!
Please like, share, comment and subscribe..so I know you want more budgeting and money saving ideas!

~Lyndsay

3 comments:

  1. I need to figure out how to do some of this during the two weeks I have between jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You used to do some of this a few years ago. I remember you making biscuits to freeze and a few other things.
      It has really saved us a ton of time and energy! Plus I know it is saving on the food budget. No more excuses to eat out. It is also nice to not be 'slaving away' in the kitchen in the evenings when I can be spending time with the husband.

      Delete
  2. Bulk freezer cooking is such a good idea. We recently started buying bags of dry beans, making them in the crockpot and freezing, and then pulling them out in place of canned beans. We discovered that mashed up chickpeas in taco seasoning taste great and take literally 5 minutes since all you need to do is warm them up (no cooking). We had that last night, as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete