Friday, November 7, 2014

Caramel Apple Tea

Let me start this off by saying I am a BIG coffee person. I only dabble in hot tea. I love iced tea in the Summer months..but hot tea has never been my thing.
Recently though I have developed a bit of a taste for hot tea. I drink it unsweetened..and honestly I think that is why I have been drinking it lately. My coffee has more calories added to it than it should. The tea is zero calories. Plus the tea is cheaper than the coffee per cup.
Yes, I am one of those weird people who knows the calories and the price of each cup of coffee and tea....and I think about both while I am sipping. It is a number sickness, really, it is.

I did not used to be a cold natured person...but recently I have been. Given the fact that I basically lost an Olsen twin in the last four years (a.k.a. 90 lbs) I'm guessing that could be partly to blame. I have a lot less insulation that I used to.
Needless to say..I crave warm liquids throughout the day to make up for the chill I feel.

I have been branching out lately and trying different flavors. My daughters (3 and 7) love to drink tea in the mornings as well. Between the three of us there are about 8 boxes of different flavors in the house at the moment. lol  Thankfully, tea has a long shelf life.
Oh well..I know they will have memories of snuggles and sipping warm tea on cold mornings in our tiny house.
My most recently favorite flavor is pictured above. Caramel Apple Dream. It is amazing..and the apple flavor even gives it a sweetened taste. YUM!

It is the perfect addition to the very chilly Fall weather we are having right now.
I like to make a cup in the afternoon and sip it while I watch the kids play outside after our school work is finished. It is very relaxing.
Speaking of relaxing...my preschooler recently discovered 'sleepy time' tea and absolutely loves it before bed. I'm not sure if it actually helps her sleep but it definitely is a reason for her to take a pause in the evenings and sit still long enough to drink it..which then in turn equals, a passed out child.
You know how three years old are though...they are a force that stays in motion..if they stop, it is all systems failure until morning. :)

Well, I'm off to sip my tea and finish up the dishes.


Happy Friday!

Lyndsay

No comments:

Post a Comment