Saturday, January 2, 2021

Hiding in my bedroom | Mom Life Journal

 Ok. I'm not really hiding in my bedroom, but I am hanging out in here for a bit. I'm watching a movie on Pureflix, trying out some new oils from Hopewell, and filling all of you in on life in our little part of the world today. 

 Addison is cleaning her room, Alex is unloading shiplap from the truck for the remodel, Emma and Anna are working on a craft project and Dustin is in the utility room with everything tarped off spraying insulation into the walls and ceiling in a few of the places that it needs to be a little thicker.

  Dustin finished the duct work last night and the electric today. I actually got to turn on the lights with a light switch today. That may sound like no big deal , but it is for me with this room. It has been a long time coming. We have spent the last seven years turning a heat lamp(with a regular bulb) on and off in there for light. It was never very bright and didn't always work correctly. Although, it did get the job done, so it was fine. :) Being able to walk into the utility room and flick on the light has been something I have all but dreamed about for a while now. 

 It really hit home for me today that after this room is finished the entire house will be completed. It has been seven years this month since we started, and it will be completed. Every single room. It is a dream come true. Our 100% debt free home. It is really truly finally hitting me that we will have completely finished this project. Our labor of love. Our reset button for a better life. It wasn't always easy, but it was always worth it. 

 Emma and I ran to Sam's club for a few items, and I am proud to say I almost completely stuck to my list. The few items I did pick up were items we actually did need, but I forgot to write it down. No impulse or unnecessary items. No spend month is off to a good start. Yay! After Sam's we stopped at the car wash, yes it was in the budget, and came home to make lunch.  I grilled some hotdogs and cheeseburgers for lunch. We are planning to have prime rib, grilled chicken, salad, mashed potatoes and rolls for dinner tonight. I also have cream cheese set out to make a  cherry cheesecake for dessert. 

 Tomorrow is Sunday and we are going back to church. It has been a few weeks since we went, and we are all more than ready to worship. 

 I will need to start painting the utility room tomorrow afternoon. The original plan was to get the prefinished shiplap to avoid endless hours of painting. They don't have enough of the prefinished in stock, so we went with primed shiplap instead. Primed is better than unfinished in my opinion. I need to paint the ceiling tomorrow and then one wall before we can move the washer in. It has been a few days without washing clothes, and laundry adds up fast in a large family. We have been conservative with our clothes wearing, and towels, but the towels still add up fast...when you cook and clean daily. 

 Well, I have probably held up in my room long enough, and that cheesecake isn't going to make itself. I'm going to pause my movie and get some things done around here. 

Have a blessed day!

~Lyndsay

No comments:

Post a Comment